Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Silhouettes...Finally

So...after days and days of drooling over everyones fabulous silhouette art work - I finally made my own. The best thing about it is that its basically free/really cheap.

Here is a sneak peek of the finished project:



First I made a stencil out of a photo I printed onto cardstock.




Then I used the stencil to trace the shape onto the blue paper that I chose. (I wanted to do something different than a traditional black and white silhouette.)



I then attached the the silhouette on to some awesome yellow paper and placed them behind the matte.



That's it!! Finished and ready to go! I reused a frame (after spray painting it of course) that I already had and used paper that I purchased ages ago - so I didn't spend anything on it!!

Affordable and Cute - does it get any better than that?



I'm adding this to all of my favorite linky parties - click on the buttons on the right to go and check them out!

Make Your Monday @ The Twice Remembered Cottage!

<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.com


Photobucket



Beyond The Picket Fence


19 comments:

Marianne said...

Now this is a nice variation on a theme! Good job.

M.E. Greene said...

I apparently don't read the blogs that have been boasting their sweet silhouettes, so yours are my first inspiration on it! I remember making one of those for my mother as a school project once upon a time when I was young, but haven't since. What a great idea, though. I would love to do this with my whole family!

French Picnic said...

Crafty PEAR-fection! We love it!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

love them, they turned out great

Molly said...

Love it...I too have the silhouette fever. I hope mine turn out as well as yours!

Tiffany said...

Oooh I like the different colors, makes it a little more fun while still keeping the "sophisticated" feel of the silhouettes!
Thanks for sharing!
-Tiff

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog the other day! :) I like your silhouettes!!

Expressions by Heather said...

I like the entire effect with the artwork!

Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

Erin said...

Those look just great - nicely done!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cool! I like the blue with the yellow!

Vanessa said...

These are great! I love the funkiness of your color choices! I've been wanting to do some of my kids for our family room, but haven't gotten around to it! Maybe I'll get them done after seeing yours!

Anonymous said...

I heart silhouettes and I love how yours turned out!! Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Love it!!! Thanks for sharing this!

Again thanks for joining the party. I swear there is a lot of talent out here in blogland.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks for linking up so many wonderful projects. I love them all, especially the artwork!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I love that you used a blue paper on a pattered yellow background. Too cute!

Katie@Yoga Gal said...

I admire you so much for making the silhouettes yourself! And they turned out really well. It is a lot harder than it looks! :D

Lissa said...

I love how popular these have become. AND that you did them with your own little color palette. Just one more way of making them your own.

Jen said...

My kids would love to do something like this with me. Yours turned out really cute.

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

I'm off to make these! Cute!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails