Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The Elusive Flame

I know everyone is tired of seeing things made out of books - especially wreaths - but I have just discovered them.

I turned this book:



into this wreath:




I don't have step by step photos but it was super easy to make. First I painted the edges of the book with a little black and brown paint. Then I rolled and folded the pages of the book and hot glue them to a dollar store foam wreath. I then attached a piece of ribbon to the back with hot glue to hang it.

You can go to this tutorial at Living with Lindsey for a similar wreath and detailed instructions!

I'm adding this to all of my favorite linky parties - click on the buttons on the right to go and check them out!

Make Your Monday @ The Twice Remembered Cottage!

<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.com


Photobucket



Beyond The Picket Fence

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden





18 comments:

Diann said...

I haven't made any yet, so I still like to see them!

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

That is so cute!

Angie Holden said...

Love these book wreaths! Yours is lovely!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

All I can say is WONDERFUL!!!! I love that wreathe and I'm making one, thank you! It's perfectly PEAR!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

It turned out great. I haven't made one of these yet, but I think I'll give it a try!

Thanks for linking up this week!

Expressions by Heather said...

You did great! I've been wanting to tackle this one myself.

Thanks for taking part in Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family! Don't forget to come back next week!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

very cute! I may have to try this!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

B : ) said...

Well I guess I've just discovered them too. What a great idea.

Why don't you come on over to my blog and visit a while

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I love these! Yours turned out great!

Lori said...

So creative! It turned out great!

Thanks for joining my party Get your craft on Thurs. I hope you join me next week. Mr. Linky disappeared for a while tonight I thought I lost all of my guest, but it finally came back. I will not be using Mr. Linky anymore!

Unknown said...

Love those wreaths. One of these days, I'm gonna make one, already have the books! :)
Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday, could you please add a link to REINVENTED in your post? :)

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Hey- I've read that book! : )

I like the wreath that it made! Very cool!

Charity said...

I am not sick of seeing them, I am still trying to find a place I could use one. You did a great job, thanks for sharing.

Cha Cha

Its So Very Cheri said...

I think these are so cute every time I see them.

Cheri

Jen said...

Yes I have seen lots of wreaths made from books and other crafts from books, but that is still amazing. I will never look at a book the same again.

Joyeful said...

I love this wreath!! I now want to make a globe lantern like this!!!

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

I love the wreath and the flowers you made out of that book. I'm going to give it a try. Check out what I do with the book covers at my blog: chicabellacrafts.blogspot.com scroll all the way down, it's way at the bottom.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails