Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

A Piece of Cake...part 2

After making my milk glass cake plate I decided that I needed a more casual one for everyday use. But - I also wanted it to be personalized. I did the same thing as before (gorilla glue epoxied a plate to a candle holder) but I followed this tutorial at Centsational Girl (one of my all time favorite blogs) to make it more fabulous. And this is what I got:



This is the top, personalized with a H (for Hicks).



I already had the paint and the stencils so I only paid 25 cents for the plate and 50 cents for the candle stick - that make one really cute 75 cent cake plate!!!

I'm adding this to all of my favorite linky parties - click on the buttons on the right to go and check them out!

Make Your Monday @ The Twice Remembered Cottage!

<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.com


Photobucket



Beyond The Picket Fence

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden






20 comments:

Kate Riley said...

So beautiful ! Congratulations on a job well done and a personalized keepsake to call your own. Be proud, it's fabulous !

Kate

Jennifer said...

WoW! I never thought of doing that. Looks Great. It's PEAR-fect.

Dee said...

Even Prettier in person! I love it!

rachel said...

Hi there, fellow PEAR! What a fun idea. I have so many vintage plates that I use for desserts from time to time - I think they'll be turning into cake stands v. soon :)

Joanne said...

Super cute! Spreading the PEAR love!

Angie Holden said...

NICE!! :)

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

I love the monogram! What a great idea. Did you do the stencling on the underside of the plate, or on top?

Thanks for linking up!

Expressions by Heather said...

I love the paint job!

Thanks for taking part in Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family! Don't forget to come back next week!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Unknown said...

this turned out very cute!

B : ) said...

That's terrific. What great "frugal" ideas you have.

Why don't you come on over to my blog and visit a while

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very cute--I would love to make a special birthday one. Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

I'm going to have to bookmark this and do it one day! You are so crafty!

M.E. Greene said...

Very clever! I really want to make some kind of cake pedestal...it's on my list.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute. I love that you personalized it! Great job!

XOXO
Jen

Andy Porter said...

Very cute!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

I need a monogram cake plate! I need to be on the search for a cute plate to monogram.

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

I love the monogram!

KimMalk said...

Cute! I like the H on top of the fluer de lis - nice combo.

Its So Very Cheri said...

How cute. Did you see the one I made back in Nov?

FYI-I have a fun give-a-way starting tonight

Cheri

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails