Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

From Blah to Beautiful

I found some really cool yellow and blue paper at the scrapbook store and just had to have it. It's been sitting around forever while i tried to decide what to do with it. After a trip to Hobby Lobby the light bulb finally came on.

Here is a sneak peek of the finished product:




Here are the supplies that you will need:

paper mache box
scrapbook paper
adhesive (I used sticky tabs and acid free glue)
pencil
scissors
sand paper and paint to distress
3-d embellishments ( I used a twenty-five cent felt coaster and a unfinished wood fleur de lis)

I got this paper mache box thingy at Hobby Lobby...after the 90% after Christmas discount it was only twenty-five cents!!



I traced the front and sides of the box onto the back of the paper.



Then I just cut out the shapes and glued them to the box. After the glued dried I used sandpaper and white paint on the edges to distress it a little. Then I glued the embellishments to the front.




Thats all!! The possibilities are endless with this project. There are gagillions of papers you could use and even more embellishments!!


I'll be linking this to all of my favorite linky parties - click on the buttons on the right to go and check them out!!

Make Your Monday @ The Twice Remembered Cottage!

<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.com


Photobucket



Beyond The Picket Fence




11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful paper! I love the distressing, and the felt coaster idea is sheer genius! Have a great day!

René said...

Gorgeous! I agree, the possibilities are endless.

Anonymous said...

very cute! and thrifty too! perfect!

One Cheap B*tch said...

That is gorgeous! I love working with paper mache boxes! I'll have to try this too!

Tiffany said...

Wow you are on a roll! Look at all your craftiness! The embellishment is super pretty!
Thanks for sharing!

Expressions by Heather said...

So adorable! Back at Christmas, I bought felt shapes at Michaels, but never got around to actually using them. I saw these shapes the other day, but resisted the urge, because I'd never used the other ones! I may have to reconsider.

Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cute! and what a great deal! : )

Unknown said...

Love this! It came out great! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Tina

Lori said...

How can you bet 25 cents??? It's very cute.
Thanks for joining my party.. I have a party every Thurs.
Lori

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty! I love it!

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Beautiful! Great idea for holding just about anything.

Val

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails