Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Easy Artwork

Currently our bathroom is decorated with some bullfight photos that I took while I was studying abroad a few years ago. My husband hates it...So we are in the middle of a bathroom redo. After several days of the do you like this idea game we finally decided to go with a beachy/Tybee Island/Savannah, GA theme (we went to college at SCAD and miss Savannah terribly).

We have lots of things to use decor wise - but I wanted some cute artwork for the walls (and that something had to be cheap). So I came up with this:




I picked out a starfish from my collection of shells and sea creatures and found a piece of scrapbook paper in my stash that coordinated with the colors we wanted to use. I took one of the frames we were already using in the bathroom and painted the frame white. Then I just glued the starfish to the paper with 3-d embellishment glue.



And that's it! Super easy, super cheap (free), and really cute!!




Stay tuned for the before and after pics of the bathroom...

P.S. Linking up to all of my favorite linky parties - check out all of the buttons on the right to check them out!!

Make Your Monday @ The Twice Remembered Cottage!

<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.com


Photobucket



Beyond The Picket Fence


14 comments:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Very cute! Love the 3D'ness to it!

Erika said...

Lovely :) Great design for bathroom decoration!

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Very cute!
Can't wait to see the reveal of the bathroom!
~Amy

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Would you mind if I included you in a How-To post for art projects?

Tiffany said...

Love it! SO clean and pretty! It seems to be the trend today on the party! Thanks for linking back to me and for sharing these! I would love to see the bull fighting pics too! Sounds cool!
-Tiff

Lori said...

I love all things beachy!!! I've been to tybee Island. love it there.

I'm also having a party called get your craft on thurs. and would love for you to join. I'm having a giveaway for my one year blogoversary... Stop by if you have a minute..

Expressions by Heather said...

The paper you chose as a background is perfectly complimentary!

Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Easy and cute! my favorite!

Vanessa said...

So simple, but so cute!

Amanda said...

This is so cute! It seems like everybody is using scrapbook paper these days. I don't scrap, but I might have to get some cute paper to play with!

Unknown said...

The quilty paper makes it so sweet!

Andy Porter said...

It looks so great in the big white frame! I love artwork that is inexpensive...and meaningful!! Thanks for linking

Andy
Poppies at Play

Lissa said...

I love how simple and cute this is! And the clean white frame is so fresh and very Nantucket beach house with the blues and tans. P.S. Your owl header is to die for cute!
mythriftytreasures.blogspot.com

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

That is so sweet and cute. It's also cool that it will remind you of Savannah.

I'm hosting my first linky party on Wednesday and would love it if you'd come over and link this up!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails