Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Blog Swap: Sumo's Sweet Stuff!!

Yay!! I am so excited that today is my first blog swap!! I'm even more excited that it is with Summer @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff!! So...here she is:

Hello Stephie fans!

I'm so excited to be here today!

I'm Summer, or Sumo as my husband lovingly calls me. (And now consequently has all of my family calling me. Doesn't Aunt Sumo have a nice ring to it?)



I'm the blogger from Sumo's Sweet Stuff!

Sumo's Sweet Stuff

I use my blog to share my projects, tutorials, recipes, host giveaways, and shamelessly promote my etsy shop!

I AM:

- married to my best friend
- mother to the most beautiful little girl (and a baby girl on the way!)
- daughter and sister to the best family ever

- friend to some of the greatest people out there


I LOVE TO:

- play piano

- sing
- read
- craft

- go on walks
- spend time with my family
- drink Diet Coke

- bake/cook

- exercise (well, sometimes)
- crochet


SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:

- Diet Coke

- popcorn

- chips and salsa

- anything that involves peanut butter and chocolate

- public library

- fall

- craft stores

- black and green

- Christmas

- historical fiction
- cats

Stephie and I decided to share a tutorial with each other's readers today, so here we go!

Reece (my one year old) got two different Leapfrog magnet sets for Christmas. I love these toys, and wanted to make sure she had access to both. But I also absolutely hate having her under my feet while I'm trying to cook and do things in the kitchen! So I decided that I would keep one on the fridge - the smaller of the sets - and make up a magnet board to hang in her room so that she would have easy access. I got this one at Robert's, using a 50% off coupon.

At first, I was thinking about glittering up the edges of the magnet board, but then I realized that a one year old + glitter = messy and not such a great idea (although it would have looked smashing!) I had a bunch of leftover fabric scraps from when I made flowers for my curtains, and from making some other flowers for my etsy shop, as well as some fun ribbon, so I decided that I would modge podge the fabric and ribbon around the edges.

Here we go....

What you need:
- magnet board or any sort of wood frame
- Modge Podge
- fabric scraps
- foam brushes
- hot glue/gun
- paint (optional)


You'll need to take the magnet board part out of the frame while you are working.

I decided to paint the top and bottom of my frame so that I didn't have to worry about trying to get ribbon or fabric over those parts. Your call!


Then I just measured the first ribbon I was going to use, allowing for wrapping it around to the back, cut and glued it down!


You may want to make sure that your various sizes of ribbon and fabric strips will fit so that you aren't left with some funky sized space when you get down to the hole part of the frame.

Just continue doing this all the way down the frame! I used a mix of hot glue and mod podge, depending on what type of material I was working with. This is about halfway down.


And all finished!


Add your magnet board magnets and you are good to go!


I was going to put some ribbon on the back to hang it with, but this is really heavy, so for now, it is just leaning against the wall in Reece's room. Eventually - maybe not even until we get to a different house - I'll probably just have my husband hang it on nails! Might be more secure with little hands grabbing on it all the time!

I love making new blogging friends, so come on over to Sumo's Sweet Stuff! You can find something different each day:

- Market Yourself Monday: I share my latest projects and invite you to link up yours!
- Tutorial Tuesday
- Mouth-Watering Wednesday
- Things to Try Thursday
- Feature Friday

Thanks to Stephie for letting me swap blogs with her! She is such a creative gal, and I'm so happy I get access to her creativity!

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

French Picnic said...

Great nickname and i love the frame!

Cathy said...

LOVE this idea!! Looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Cathy

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails