This week I made the Roasted Banana Cupcakes, mostly because all I had to buy was the ! Roasting the bananas was easy and fun! They are great, very dense little cakes, though the richness of the icing may be a little to much on this one...
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
* 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana, for
* 2 large eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting. Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place one on each cupcake, if desired.
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat confectioners' sugar, unsalted butter, honey, and ground cinnamon until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes
See ya next week!
Posted by stephie hicks on Sunday, June 6, 2010
Labels: Matty Monday