So - I am finally back! I took a week off to get caught up on projects and photo shoots and let me tell ya - I missed my little blog like crazy...
I was finally able to finish my headboard and we absolutely love it!
Here is a sneak peek of the finished job:
This was another really easy project (I got a little help from my Granddad) that only took an hour or so to complete.
After measuring the space where the headboard would go I had my Granddad cut a piece of MDF. I needed something besides batting to pad it so I found an old egg crate mattress pad thingy and cut it to fit the MDF. Then I just spray glued it into place! After that I attached batting by stretching it around and stapling it to the back of the MDF.
Then I wrapped the white fabric around the whole thing and stapled it in place - and voila! It turned out to be sturdy enough that I didn't have to mount it to the wall - so that was a plus!
Here is a list of the supplies I used:
MDF - cut by my Granddad but if you usually can get it cut at the place you buy it
I already had everything except the fabric which I got in the clearance section at Hancock Fabric's for $2.00!